Thursday, January 12, 2017

Sociological Mindfulness

     This video felt very negative. At first, I was agreeing with the guy but then I felt that he was just going too far. I always try to put myself in other people's shoes but when you tell American's that they are all wrong and then expect them to listen is not right. His analogy with China just doesn't make sense. The United States is home to a lot of Muslims and other religious races, so where do they fit in with his analogy. So, I did not agree fully with him but it did show me just how far people will go to get their way.
     But, like I said, I try to put myself in other people's shows and these are a couple of examples. One time I was on a roller coaster and I put myself in the shows of the person controlling the roller coaster. He had the most boring job ever. He had to deal with crabby kids and adults, he had to watch everybody have fun, and he had to do everything right under pressure. Another time I put myself in my uncle's shows. He was in the military and he would tell me stories, occasionally. One of the stories was that his Commanding Officer was challenging his squad. The challenge was that the CO and whoever accepted would do push-ups. If the CO stopped first the one who accepted would get two meals. If the CO won, the one who accepted would get no meal. My uncle accepted this challenge but he said that the person who one was up to me.
     Lastly, I see myself fitting into the big picture of society by helping raise money donations for several places that need. This would help the country like it always has in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment